Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thank you Alicia at ATandT

Yesterday my daughter told me that her cell phone has bad-to-no service inside our - and everyone else's - house and has been like this since we bought the phone. In March. March would have been a better time to tell me this, I say, and call customer service. I just like to buy things and have them work. I don't like to call four months later and try to explain that something hasn't been working for four months and that I am just now getting around to calling. It makes me look lazy. Or delusional.

Alicia, however, couldn't have been nicer (though she did suggest that perhaps part of the problem could be that we have too many trees around our house. "We don't live in the forest," I said while I was thinking 'And what if I WAS in the forest? Is cell phone service too much to ask?')

Today we head down to our local AT&T store to get a replacement phone and I wanted to write this now in case it all goes to hell and they try to force me to spend extra money to replace a phone which should have worked in the first place.

No matter what happens, Alicia, you were a doll. And you deserve a promotion.

No comments: