Thursday, February 2, 2012

Running Into My Fat Jeans

Last year at this time I started training for the October Detroit Free Press marathon and actually got myself up to running four miles at a stretch until I suddenly went back to work full time which brought pretty much all exercise to a sudden screeching halt as I have to get up at 3:20 am (but I am NOT complaining! LOVE this job!).

This year I decided to try again, but have lowered my sights a little and am shooting for the half-marathon because I still need to nap occasionally. I bought an app that tells me how long to run every day and I've been running about 7 miles a week and all I have to show for it are tighter pants.

That's right. Tighter pants. What the what?

How is this fair or right or even possible? My eating has remained about the same yet my thighs are straining the material of my jeans and I may or may not have had to undo the button on my pants one recent morning when I was feeling particularly uncomfortable.

Is this lactic acid? Am I sleep-eating? Am I going to be a size 22 by the time October rolls around? Do I keep running?

Help!


No comments: