Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mr. Handyman

Yesterday I found myself behind the Mr. Handyman van and now I can't stop wondering....


Why is the guy who is coming to fix my shelves so dressed up?

Look at him. At first I just noticed the top hat, but then I realized that he is also sporting a cummerbund and bow tie. I don't know what to make of this. Should I be wearing a ball gown when Mr. Handyman arrives at the door? Must I serve champagne? What if the broken shelf is just for my trashy paperbacks - not even the hardcovers? Is that beneath him? Will he only tighten gold-plated faucet handles?

Is this logo really working for them? In the movies when you see a guy in a tuxedo and some kind of weapon he's either a spy or a bad guy. When I see this I think Mr. Handyman is either going to kill me or tap my phone.

And if he's so good, why can't he fix that tilty H?

No comments: