Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shameless shilling

Someday, when my book is published, I hope that people who find my writing entertaining (and at last count there are about 8 of you - stay strong!) will let people know that I have a book coming out and that they should indeed read it. Today, I am trying to pay that forward.

But you really should read this book. (It comes out today!)

First, her first THREE books are hilarious! Second, Jen Lancaster is the girl that the rest of us want to sit by at dinner because you just know she is going to say something SO funny that you will end up snorting white wine out through your nose but you won't care because you'll be able to go into work the next day (if you have a job) and say "OMG I was sitting next to the FUNNIEST woman last night and you won't believe what she said about....."

Reading her books is a lot like that dinner. In fact, if you're drinking white wine while reading one of her books you may end up - if not blowing wine out your nose - at least choking on a sip and being forced to look around the house for someone to perform the Heimlich. (You won't really need the Heimlich, though. It's just wine.)

Jen herself will be signing books at Borders in Birmingham tonight at 7 p.m. I can't go (I have a meeting. I KNOW! I also had a chance to go to the Tigers game tonight though I definitely would have chosen a Jen sighting over the Tigers) so please show up and then email me and tell me how funny she is in person and what I missed because I am such a loser.

Here's a link to her website http://www.jennsylvania.com/.


3 comments:

Leesa said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

Connie said...

I am so excited for the book to come out today!

I wish she was coming to my state. Happy Jen Lancaster Day!

Connie @ Young and Relentless

Stacey said...

Connie - Kudos to you for naming the day! Happy Jen Lancaster Day to you too!