Friday, August 29, 2008

90210 - Still crazy after all these years

I get up every day wondering if there is enough silliness to write about. What with the economy, and picking a new leader for the country, and …well, the economy: things are pretty serious these days.

So, God Bless You Shannen Doherty!

It’s too bad I have absolutely no intention of watching the new 90210. Isn’t it just Gossip Girl in a different zip code, really? And I’m not sure how “inspired” the decision to bring back some of the original cast in adult roles is (like we didn’t know they were really adults the first time we watched the show – IN THE 90’S!). But I appreciate the effort that you are making, CW, to create a show that my children and I can watch together.

You don’t have children, do you, CW?

Because if you did, you would know that the minute the show starts and Jason Priestly appears on screen and I say “Oh. My. God. I had SUCH a crush on him. Daddy and I watched this show every week when we were dating” my daughter is going to be off the couch and up in her room plugged back into her laptop and her ipod and her cell phone before I even finish the sentence.

(See my comments on the very insightful blog on the topic by the very funny Karen Buscemi)

Back to Shannen. I am so GLAD to hear that when she and Jennie Garth reunited on the new set that they didn’t feel the need to go back to their old behavior of ignoring each other at work and saying nasty things about the other one to the press - which proves that they must REALLY be adults now, right? Apparently Jennie was nervous as hell about the meet-up and I don’t blame her because this is Shannen’s quote:

I think when you’re 18, your personalities conflict, then you meet up 10 or 15 years later and the playing ground is totally different and you’re fine.

Which I interpret to mean:

I am older and smarter and have learned a million more ways to mess with you, Bitch, so keep your distance.

No comments: