Friday, January 9, 2009

What I saw at the grocery store

If, for some reason, you happen to think I’m a nice person and don’t want that opinion shattered you might want to stop reading. Because what I am about to say does not sound very nice but I cannot Stop. Thinking. About. It. and have to share with the class.

You know how sometimes older people develop the habit of constantly sticking their tongues out of their mouths? Maybe I’m the only one who’s noticed this. The first time I saw it was on a college Professor and he liked to read to us in class and I had to make a pact with a friend and we would each go to class every other day and share our notes so we both wouldn’t have to be grossed out by his constantly darting tongue.

So I guess it bothers at least one other person.

Anyway, I was at the grocery store today and in line next to me was an older man who kept sticking his tongue out of this mouth and his tongue was HUGE! HUGE! It didn’t look discolored or anything, just like an abnormally large tongue. And I’m not talking double the size of a normal tongue, it was about 8 times the size of a normal tongue and my first thought was ‘Well, no wonder he’s sticking it out. How could you keep something that big IN your mouth?” And I really really really tried not to stare at him but I finally had to get out of line and go wander through the aisles again because that huge tongue going in and out and in and out of his mouth was totally grossing me out.

It was about the size of a Subway sandwich. In case you’re wondering.

2 comments:

Amy said...

5 dollar foot long?

Amy said...

You are not alone. Maybe it's one of those family things? I even had a professor like that. I called him (in my head) Lizard Lips Luchies. That tiny, darting tongue. ::::shudder:::