Thursday, January 1, 2009

Celebrity hair cuts

The other day I had about 8 inches of hair chopped off. I've been toying with the idea of cutting it for a while now; and when I looked at the pictures from our vacation and realized that my hair was either in a ponytail or up in a barrette the entire time I figured it was time. I'd been lusting after the cut that Lisa Rinna sports but due to the power outage (3 frickin' days) I couldn't print out a picture like I'd planned. I went through a few books at the salon and chose a few that were close and ended up with a cut that is OK, but I'm just not loving it.

I'm sure part of the problem is that there is probably NEVER a picture of Lisa Rinna that I could find where her hair is not done. For all I know she has someone living at her house whose sole responsibility is creating the Rinna 'do each and every morning and I may never know what it looks like on an "off" day - but I still like it. And mine doesn't really look like it. I don't know if that is contributing to my dissatisfaction; but I suspect it is.

So, what now? Do I get even more layers put in and risk looking like a man? Do I leave it and just deal? Do I start growing it out again (which I'm pretty sure is what will eventually happen)?

I need a stylist.

Stat.

1 comment:

Only the Half of It said...

Your hair looked pretty long in the pigtail pic from your photos you posted NYE... Maybe you are on your way to shorter tresses ala the fabulous Karen B! You'd look sharp like that.