Monday, May 24, 2010

I wish I could write at night

Perhaps I should clarify.

I am physically capable of writing at night, but the mental process escapes me. I recognize all kinds of great ideas and writing after 8 p.m. but am not capable of creating them myself.

OK, that's not exactly true. I'm good at short bursts. Twitter kinda works for me after 8 pm. (example: What really made The Biggest Loser guy look better? Losing 150 lbs or losing the Hurley from Lost perm? See, not bad, huh?)

The house is quiet, I'm comfy in my pajamas (is that too much information?), and I would LOVE to be able to pound out some prose or blogging or something. Yet here I sit, quoting Law and Order. And have I mentioned that some kid at my daughter's school tried to blow himself up with jewelry-making equipment today and ended up in a scuffle with a couple of teachers who got injured trying to subdue him? Who knew jewelry-making was so dangerous. Of course, my daughter's biggest issue with this "incident" was that one of the hero teachers pulled the fire alarm and "we were out there for, like, a long time and it was really hot." Which is why you should always. be. hydrating.

No one ever listens.

No comments: