Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun With Bacon

I've been vegan for over a year now. I chose veganism over taking cholesterol meds every day for the rest of my life and 99.9% of the time I don't regret that decision at all.

But I really want to go to Camp Bacon.

First, I respect the sheer genius of holding a cooking class that centers around bacon and calling it Camp Bacon. I hope whoever came up with that name got a BIG promotion and a nice tropical vacation. Second, every meal at Camp Bacon includes.....wait for it.....bacon. In fact, lunch is a BLT bar. A. B. L. T. Bar. You could feasibly forgo the L. and the T. and just eat the B. You wouldn't have to bother with the bread if you didn't want to! Third, the shirt.




I just ordered one! I love the irony of a vegan wearing a Camp Bacon shirt and it's a Camp Bacon shirt!!

Today I feel like I did when I was pregnant for my son and craved bacon all day every day and the cravings continued while I was nursing him and one of my coworkers offered to bring in a big chafing dish full of bacon for me to nibble on while I was on the air but I didn't let her because it just seemed kind of obnoxious but now I'm wishing I had because now I'd at least have the memory of it.


No comments: