Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Little League Stinks

Apparently last night at the little league playoff game I was the adult that was the problem.

Allow me to set the scene:

The four coaches from the opposing team and the two coaches from our team were all yelling at each other about who should be penalized because the coaches had been on the field too many times while some poor 9-year old boy is standing at the plate with his bat at the ready and after five minutes of yelling at each other one of these genius coaches (who have been in charge of our sons for the last eight weeks) finally starts yelling to "just let the kid bat!" and then they all start yelling at the kid to bat and the kid is a nervous wreck and his little eyes are darting from coach to coach and I finally can't take it anymore and yell "IGNORE the grownups!"

Again, I'm the problem.

Little league is killing me this year. A coach who shall-remain-nameless didn't have a game last night so he went out and scouted two other teams that were in the playoffs. These are 8 AND 9 YEAR OLD BOYS. This isn't even a travel league! And I can't say anything because of potential repercussions against my kid. So I bite my tongue and only yell when I just. can't. take. it. anymore.

I. just. can't. take. it. anymore.

Is it wrong for me to root against my own kid's team so we can be done with this?

No comments: