Monday, January 4, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Well, it's the first Monday of the New Year and you know what that means. It's time to diet. I mean, I'm not the only one who managed to pack on about 15 pounds between October 1st - when the Halloween candy comes out - and New Year's Day am I? Am I? Remember the Good Old Days when Fat Season was Thanksgiving through Christmas? How much damage can you do in four short weeks? But now, thanks to retailers who are putting out the Easter candy while the Christmas candy is still on sale (And NO I did not buy any sale Christmas candy OR Easter candy today though there were some Cadbury Mini Eggs calling my name by the 10 Items Or Less aisle) and how about a little DOWN time between the Holidays, people?

Is that too much to ask?

I'm a little cranky because it's my first day without sugar in quite. some. time. and because my sisters jumped on this mypersonalfitness.com site for their diets and I got an iPhone for Christmas and mypersonalfitness.com has an App and my phone is still new enough that I'm a sucker for anything with an App so I joined too and typed in all the food I ate today and, really, the "healthy" Nut Mix looks just as bad for me as the Kettle Brand Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper potato chips so why didn't I just have TWO servings of potato chips which is what I really wanted in the first place?

What the hell was I talking about again?

Oh yeah. I'm hungry.

No comments: